Baldur’s Gate 3: Icy Crystal Helve and Metal [Location and Uses] In Baldur’s Gate 3 you might be interested in finding and crafting a powerful magic quarterstaff called Mourning Frost. This weapon can cast the Ray of Frost cantrip, deal extra cold damage, and inflict the Chilled status effect on your enemies. However, to get this weapon, you need to collect three icy components from the Underdark: the Icy Crystal, the Icy Helve, and the Icy Metal. In this blog post, I will show you where to find these items and how to use them to create Mourning Frost.
How to get Icy Helve in Baldur’s Gate 3:
The Icy Helve is dropped by a drow named Dhourn, who is guarding a fort near the Selunite Outpost entrance. The fort is also protected by a Spectator, a floating eye monster that can shoot various rays at you. You can either fight the Spectator and Dhourn together, or you can try to snipe Dhourn from a distance and loot the Icy Helve from his body. The Spectator is a challenging enemy that can surprise your party and deal high damage, so be careful if you decide to confront it.
How to Get Icy Crystal in Baldur’s Gate 3:
The Icy Crystal is dropped by a creature named Filro the Forgotten, who is located near the Sussur Tree and a pack of Hook Horrors in the northwest part of the Underdark. You can either sneak past the Hook Horrors and pickpocket the Icy Crystal from Filro, or you can fight them and loot the Icy Crystal from his corpse. Filro is a miniboss who can summon more Hook Horrors, so be prepared for a tough battle if you choose to fight him.
How to Get Icy Metal
The Icy Metal is found in a vault in the Myconid Colony, which is in the north section of the Underdark. The vault is blocked by some roots that you can either burn or bypass with spells like Misty Step or Gaseous Form. Inside the vault, you will find a dead drow holding the Icy Metal. You can simply loot it from his corpse without any trouble.
Uses of Icy Crystal’s in Baldur’s Gate 3:
Once you have all three icy components, you can combine them in your inventory to craft Mourning Frost. This quarterstaff is a great weapon for any mage who wants to use ice magic, as it enhances your cold damage and debuffs your foes with Frostbite. However, avoid using fire spells or attacks when wielding Mourning Frost, as they will be less effective against enemies who are resistant to fire.
To get Mourning Frost, the magic quarterstaff that can cast Ray of Frost follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to the Underdark, a dark and dangerous underground realm that you can access through various entrances in the game world.
- Step 2: Find and collect the Icy Crystal from Filro the Forgotten, a creature near the Sussur Tree and a pack of Hook Horrors. You can either sneak past or fight them to get the Icy Crystal.
- Step 3: Find and collect the Icy Helve from Dhourn, a drow guarding a fort near the Selunite Outpost entrance. You can either fight or snipe him to get the Icy Helve.
- Step 4: Find and collect the Icy Metal from a vault in the Myconid Colony, a fungal settlement in the north section of the Underdark. You can either burn or bypass some roots blocking the vault to get the Icy Metal.
- Step 5: Combine the Icy Crystal, the Icy Helve, and the Icy Metal in your inventory to craft Mourning Frost, a powerful weapon that can deal extra cold damage and inflict Chilled on your enemies.
Conclusion for Baldur’s Gate 3: Icy Crystal, Helve and Metal [Location and Uses]
Mourning Frost is a unique and powerful weapon that you can craft in Baldur’s Gate 3, a role-playing video game set in the Dungeons & Dragons universe. To get this weapon, you need to explore the Underdark, a perilous underground realm full of monsters and mysteries. There, you will find three icy components that you can combine to create Mourning Frost: the Icy Crystal, the Icy Helve, and the Icy Metal. This weapon can cast the Ray of Frost cantrip, deal extra cold damage, and inflict the Chilled status effect on your enemies.
ALSO READ: Baldur’s Gate 3: Rope [Use and Limitations]