Baldur’s Gate 3: Riddle of the Night [Solved] If you are a fan of Baldur’s Gate 3, you might be interested in solving the Riddle of the Night, a puzzle that can be found in the Silent Library at the Gauntlet of Shar. This puzzle requires you to find a specific book that can answer the question: “What can silence the Nightsong?” In this blog post, I will guide you through the steps to solve this riddle and get the reward: the Spear of Night.
A step-by-step guide to finding the book that can answer the mysterious question
- The Riddle of the Night is located in a locked area in the Silent Library, which is to the left of the Faith Leap Trial’s room. To reach this area, you will have to face some enemies and traps along the way. The most dangerous enemy is the Librarian, who prevents anyone from casting spells in the library.
- Once you reach the locked area, you will see a pedestal in the middle with the riddle inscribed on it: “What can silence the Nightsong?” The solution to this riddle is not very obvious, but there is a clue that can help you. You will notice an icon that indicates a book that you need to search for. The book is called Teachings of Loss: The Nightsinger, and it is located on a bookshelf just outside the locked area.
- The book contains some information about the Nightsinger, a goddess of loss and sorrow who was silenced by Shar, the goddess of darkness and secrets. By placing this book on the pedestal, you will solve the riddle and open a hidden door behind it. Beyond the door lies an altar with the Spear of Night, a powerful weapon that deals extra necrotic damage and has a chance to inflict blindness on hit.
Steps to solve the riddle of the night in Baldur’s Gate 3
- Go to the Silent Library at the Gauntlet of Shar. You will need to pass some trials and fight some enemies to get there.
- Find the locked area with the pedestal that has the riddle inscribed on it: “What can silence the Nightsong?”
3.Look for the book icon that indicates the book you need to search for. The book is called Teachings of Loss: The Nightsinger, and it is about the goddess of loss and sorrow who was silenced by Shar, the goddess of darkness and secrets.
4. Go up the first set of stairs ahead of you, turn to your left, and look for a bookshelf that is blocked by some debris. You can clear the debris with a successful Dexterity check (DC 14), or use your Perception or Investigation skills to locate it more easily.
5. Pick up the book and place it on the pedestal. This will open a hidden door behind it.
6. Enter the door and find the altar with the Spear of Night, a powerful weapon that deals extra necrotic damage and has a chance to inflict blindness on hit.
Conclusion For Baldur’s Gate 3: Riddle of the Night
The riddle of the night is one of the most challenging and rewarding puzzles in Baldur’s Gate 3. It tests your knowledge, intuition, and exploration skills, and rewards you with a unique and powerful weapon. The riddle of the night is a great example of how Baldur’s Gate 3 combines storytelling, gameplay, and immersion in a rich and dynamic world. I hope you enjoyed this blog post and learned something new.