How Long It Takes To Beat Aliens: Dark Descent? Aliens: Dark Descent is an intense real-time strategy game set in the beloved Alien universe, where you play as Administrator Hayes, the lone survivor of a devastating Xenomorph attack on a remote colony. Lead a squad of skilled marines through treacherous locations, battling the relentless alien menace while uncovering the sinister secrets behind the outbreak. Manage resources, upgrade your squad and weapons, heal your marines, and customize your base to survive the 13 challenging chapters filled with multiple objectives and optional missions. With iconic creatures, locations, and characters from the franchise, Aliens: Dark Descent offers a gripping and immersive experience that will test your strategic prowess and adaptability in the fight for humanity’s survival.
Steps to Beat Aliens: Dark Descent
1. Choose your difficulty level wisely. The game is hard and unforgiving, and you can’t change the difficulty once you start a campaign. If you’re new to the game or the genre, you might want to start with easy or normal mode.
2. understanding squad management is vital. You control four marines, each with their class, abilities, and weapons. Switch between them using number keys or the mouse wheel, and command with the right mouse button. Spend command points to activate special skills like suppressive fire, shotgun blast, or flamethrower.
3. Manage your resources carefully. You have limited ammo, health kits, and grenades, and you can’t replenish them during missions. You have to scavenge for them from crates or dead enemies, or buy them from your base. You also have to manage your stress level, which affects your accuracy and morale. If your stress level is too high, you might panic or go berserk.
4. Upgrade your squad and base regularly. Between missions, you can spend credits to upgrade your squad’s weapons, armor, and perks. You can also research new tech and improve your base’s facilities, such as the medical bay, the armory, or the workshop. These upgrades can make a big difference in your survival and performance.
5. Explore the levels and complete the objectives. Each level has a main objective and several secondary objectives. The main objective is mandatory, but the secondary objectives are optional. However, they can reward you with extra credits, resources, or intel. You can also find collectibles and notes that reveal more about the story and the lore. The levels are large and open-ended, so you can choose your own path and strategy.
Factors Affecting Aliens: Dark Descent Game Length
In Aliens: Dark Descent, the game offers a rich and immersive experience that typically takes around 13 to 30+ hours to complete, depending on your chosen difficulty level, playstyle, and exploration of each map location. Spanning 13 chapters, each filled with diverse objectives to accomplish, players will find themselves engaged for hours on end. The tutorials at the beginning last around 30 minutes, while subsequent objectives can take anywhere between 25 minutes to an hour to complete, ensuring a rewarding and challenging gaming journey.
- In Aliens: Dark Descent, the level of difficulty is entirely up to you. The game is upfront about its challenging nature and unique gameplay, and it’s honest about the need to learn various mechanics. As you embark on this thrilling adventure, be prepared to face a game that offers a rewarding and immersive experience, while keeping you engaged with its intricacies and depth.
- The number of secondary objectives you complete.
- In Aliens: Dark Descent, you’ll dive into the exciting world of squad and base management. The game demands that you upgrade your squad and weapons, tend to your marines’ health, and carefully handle your valuable resources. Embrace the challenge of efficiently managing your squad and base to ensure your survival and triumph in this thrilling adventure.
- you have the flexibility to extract and return to missions as needed. The game permits you to evacuate your squad temporarily and resume missions at a later time, which proves beneficial if your Marines are feeling stressed out or injured.
Conclusion for How Long It Takes To Beat Aliens: Dark Descent
Completing Aliens: Dark Descent typically requires 13 to 30+ hours, influenced by your preferred difficulty level, playstyle, and the extent of map exploration.