How to Add Friends in Destiny 2: Destiny 2 is a free-to-play game, developed by Bungie, with multiple playstyles, from PvE to PvP, both of which are available for multiplayer. There are many missions or quests in the game that can be completed alone, but the game is best enjoyed with friends. They can be your friends or random matchmaking for the same mission; these missions generally contain 3 players, and some game modes also need up to 6 players, so this is a perfect place if you have a large friend group.
Being a multiplayer game overall, it doesn’t start with missions from the start; you will have to complete a few early missions to unlock co-op or multiplayer mode. which will eventually lead you to Hawthrone, who will give you the quest that, when completed, will unlock your multiplayer feature.
For someone who is just discovering Destiny 2, the overall game might be a little intimidating and quite overwhelming. But fear not; you have come to the right place to know more about this game, which was installed under your friends influence or curiosity. We will start by explaining how to add friends in Destiny 2 for those who encounter someone who is a little more hyped about showing their skills.
How to Add Friends in Destiny 2?
Before inviting someone to your fireteam, you should also know that you can also set different lobby privacy settings from the Friends menu depending on who you are playing with. The settings are simply self-explanatory:
- Friends only
- Invite only
When inviting someone on PC, the process is almost the same but initially, you have to enter the player id and tag which will help in sending the invite and then you can add that to your friend list. After that, you can invite your friend into your fire team and also check their load-outs from the roster.
Here is a step-by-step guide on How to Add Friends in Destiny 2:
- Navigate to your Director’s ‘Roster’ screen.
- To access the Destiny 2 Crossplay invite and request menus, select the Envelope Icon on the left-hand side of the screen.
- This allows you to see Fireteam invites from other platforms, Bungie Friend Requests where you’ll accept cross-platform invites, and Clan Invites.
- Enter the Bungie Name of the Destiny 2 player you want to play with on another platform.
- Remember that you’ll also need the four-digit ID.
- Accepting friend requests from other platforms is as simple as selecting them from the Bungie Friend Requests column and clicking the ‘Accept’ button.
How to Add Friends in Destiny 2 through Cross-Platform
If you have friends who have Destiny 2 on their Xbox or Playstations and you are wondering if you can play with them, then you are in luck, as Destiny 2 has cross-platform play. But you cannot access this feature automatically, as sometimes it is disabled in the settings tab. You can enable it by following simple steps shown below
- Go into settings and then to the ‘Gameplay’ tab.
- You will see an option ‘Cross-Play Matchmaking’, if not then try scrolling down and checking
- There will be a toggle option to ‘ON’ and ‘OFF’. Set it to ‘ON’
For Xbox players, changing the cross-play settings will be a little tricky, as it is not as easy as it is in Playstation but not impossible. Nothing is impossible for gamers; they just have to take a few extra steps for their friends.
- Open your ‘Settings’ and navigate to ‘General’ tab
- Open ‘Online Safety and Family’
- Then go to ‘Privacy and Online Safety’ and ‘Xbox privacy’
- Now go to ‘View Details and Customize’ and after that click on ‘Communication and Multiplayer’
- Finally at the boss level, it’s time to set the cross-network play to ‘Allow’.
Okay, that was a long mission, but a worthy one. Now you can enjoy Destiny 2 with your friends.
That’s all you need to know about Destiny 2 Crossplay to start playing with your pals on other platforms. Visit our website Gameophobic for more tips, techniques, and tutorials on Destiny 2.