How To Get and Use Dark Amethyst in Baldur’s Gate 3? While playing Baldur’s Gate 3, you will come across a lot of enigmatic and magical objects with unidentified properties. The odd and unsettling Dark Amethyst is one of them.
While playing Baldur’s Gate 3, you will come across a lot of enigmatic and magical objects with unidentified properties. Deep underground, you can locate the odd and menacing Dark Amethyst, which is one of them.
In this article, we will provide all the information that you need on the Dark Amethyst in Baldur’s Gate 3, how to get it, and use it in the game.
Baldur’s Gate 3: How to Get Dark Amethyst
The Whispering Depths, the tunnels beneath the Blighted Village, are where you can find the Dark Amethyst. You can descend either through the well in the middle of the community or in the cellar of the blacksmith’s forge, where you completed the side task Finish the Masterwork Weapon. Here are what comes next:
- As you move around, make sure everyone is hidden since you will encounter multiple Phase Spiders. They can teleport and use poisonous strikes.
- The caverns’ northwest section can be found at (X: 565; Y: 355). It is, however, also protected by a massive 125 HP Phase Spider Matriarch.
- Unifying your team and having someone with Thunderwave (or a similar version) sneak up behind the creature are the two greatest ways to slay the Phase Spider Matriarch. By doing so, you can drive the spider queen into the chasms below.
- Since you were able to destroy the Phase Spider Matriarch before the eggs hatch, doing so promptly also earns you the “Pest Control” award.
- When you arrive at the Phase Spider Matriarch’s nest, the Dark Amethyst can be seen lying on the floor.
How To Get and Use Dark Amethyst in Baldur’s Gate 3?
Baldur’s Gate 3: How to Use Dark Amethyst
The Dark Amethyst serves as both a quest item for the Search the Cellar task and the key to the Necromancy of Thay book. The teleportation point to the Blighted Village is at (X:-647 Y:-364), behind which is a cellar with the eerie book.
The Necromancy of Thay can be read by placing the Dark Amethyst through the opening on the book’s cover. You must successfully complete three Wisdom roll checks, the final of which is a 20 on the difficulty scale, in order to finish the book. The “blessing” that comes with success, nevertheless, enables you to cast the Speak With Dead spell without using a spell slot.
You can continue your trip and explore the Forgotten Realms now that you are familiar with how to utilize the Dark Amethyst in Baldur’s Gate 3. I strongly advise meeting Withers and going to the Overgrown Ruins. This mummified man can change your class, among other helpful services.