How to Play Genshin Impact on Mac: Genshin Impact is a well-known action RPG featuring Gacha elements. Since its release in 2020, it has swept the globe by storm. The game is now one of the world’s highest-grossing mobile games.
Genshin was launched on PC, Android, and iOS, with a Switch release still possible. However, many have speculated that the developers may have abandoned the Switch adaptation or placed it on the back burner in order to focus on other projects.
Can you Play Genshin Impact on Mac?
The answer is yes, Genshin Impact can be run on a Mac. Although there is no official Mac version of the game, you may play Genshin Impact on your Mac by using Cloud Gaming services such as Boosteroid and GeForceNow, or by establishing a virtual machine on your Mac using Bootcamp.
Setting up a Windows 10 Boot Camp on your Mac (with an Intel processor) allows you to play Windows games (such as Genshin Impact) on your Mac as if it were a genuine Windows PC. Macs equipped with an M1 chip may also boot into a Windows environment using third-party software such as Parallels. All of the strategies discussed here are covered in depth.
Installing a Windows ISO using Boot Camp
Because Macs lack a native means to play Genshin, you’ll need to install a Windows ISO using Boot Camp to play the game. There are tutorials available that describe each step in detail, but in essence:
You must first obtain the Windows ISO from the Microsoft website.
Then, launch Boot Camp and install the ISO. Make sure it has enough space to run Genshin Impact and the drivers it requires.
The Boot Camp Assistant will then restart, and you will be taken to the Windows installation.
Simply follow the on-screen directions. If you are prompted to select a Windows version, select Home Edition. Similarly, if you are asked for a product key and do not have one, simply choose “I do not have a product key.”
The installation will take some time, but you should be OK after that. If you’re experiencing problems and need a visual guide, see the instruction below.
After that, simply head to the Genshin Impact website and download the windows version of the game. Install it and you should be good to go.
How to Play Genshin Impact on Mac
Genshin Impact may now be played on cloud gaming servers. This ensures that there will be no compatibility difficulties when playing on your Mac, as well as excellent performance.
Step 1: Create a free Genshin Impact account.
Make sure you have an account at genshin.mihoyo.com before playing Genshin Impact. This is significant since you will not be able to play the game on cloud gaming services like Boostorid. The official websites are linked below.
Please keep in mind that when you register, you will get a link to the Windows version of Genshin Impact, which is NOT compatible with Mac. To play on Mac, go to step 2 after creating an account.
Step 2: Sign up for and play Genshin Impact on Boosteroid.
All you have to do now is sign up for Boosteroid. After signing in, select Genshin Impact from the Cloud Gaming Library. You may now play the game from your Mac, TV, or mobile device all at once.
Play Genshin Impact on Mac With Boosteroid
When you register, you will have free access to over 70 top-rated games. The price varies according to the subscription plan.
We propose utilizing Boosteroid, a cloud gaming service that can stream Genshin Impact right to your Mac, to play Genshin Impact online without having to download anything. The benefit of employing this strategy is that the hardware requirements of your Mac will have little effect on how well the game performs. Furthermore, cloud gaming avoids the need for long downloads, so if you have a steady internet connection and a membership to the Boosteroid service, you can start playing Genshin Impact on your Mac in minutes. Here’s how to use Boosteroid to stream Genshin Impact on your Mac:
We recommend using Google Chrome as your primary web browser to get the most out of your Boosteroid streaming experience.
- To create an account, go to Boosteroid.com and complete the registration instructions.
- To view your profile, log in with your new account and choose the profile icon in the upper right corner of the page.
- On your profile page, choose a subscription plan and a chosen payment method. Following that, you will be requested to provide your billing information in order to begin your membership.
- Next, type Genshin Impact on Boosteroid into the search field and choose it from the results.
- Go to the game’s page on Boosteroid and press the Play button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and you’ll be able to play the game as soon as it finishes loading in your browser.
Play Genshin Impact on Mac With Geforce Now
- To use GeForce Now to play Genshin Impact, go to the GeForce Now website and login in with your current GeForce Now account or create a new one.
- After that, go to the GeForce Now downloads page in your web browser to install the GeForce Now Mac client.
- Log in to the installed client and type “Genshin Impact” into the client’s search field.
- Click the “Play” button, then follow the on-screen instructions to start Genshin Impact on your Mac.
It’s unfortunate that the Mac continues to receive no attention from game developers, but this is understandable given that the Mac isn’t marketed as a gaming machine. It’s more like a productivity juggernaut. However, gamers will do gamer things and devise ways to continue playing their favorite games on other platforms.