How to Block and Unblock people on Discord: Discord started as a games converse platform that latterly grew into a commodity much further than it first offered. Discord is formerly used by numerous people across the globe for a lot of reasons including business deals and recreations. Just like other online chatting platforms, Discord also offers a number of useful features including muting, remonstrating, banning, blocking and unblocking. Dived in this quick application are two of the extensively used features on Discord, particularly blocking and unblocking. In this article, we will discuss how to block and unblock people on Discord.
Steps to Block and Unblock People on Discord
You can block anyone from Discord if he is bullying you, harassing you, or using inappropriate language with you as Discord takes these actions into serious account. Follow the given steps to block someone from discord if you are using a PC-
- If you’re using the Discord app for PC or Mac. Open up the Discord application
- Right-click on the name of the person that you’d like to block.
- Select Block from the menu options.
- When asked if you’re sure that you want to block the person, click the Block button to confirm.
- The person will also be added to the disharmony blocklist and all the dispatches from this person will vanish on your platform.
To block some on the Discord Mobile app( Android/ iOS), follow the given steps-
- Open the Discord app on your device.
- While on the Discord app’s main screen, the valve on the profile picture of the person that you’d like to block.
tap the three-dotted icon on the upper-rightmost corner of the screen.
- Tap on Block from the given options
- A message confirming that you blocked the person will also be displayed on the screen.
What happens after blocking someone?
The person you’ve blocked will also be deleted from your friends ’ list and all his/ her dispatches you had in on the Discord app will also be hidden. The person you’ve blocked will also not be able to tag you or mention your username on any of the servers.
When the person you’ve blocked tries to communicate with you, he or she will get an error communication saying that it couldn’t be delivered and so on. Still, he/she will be able to read your texts and see your status. This means that she will still know when you’re online.
If you would like to view these blocked messages, you just need to tap to enable the Show message button on your computer or tap the Blocked messages tab on your mobile device.
Steps to unblock someone on Discord-
To unblock someone from Discord you will need access to the blocked list on the Discord app. To reach the list of blocked accounts on Discord follow these given steps:
- Open the Discord app on your PC and after logging in click on the home button present in the upper left corner of the window.
- When you open the Home screen, click on the Friends option present at the top-right sidebar of the window.
- Click the Blocked option present on the upper-right side of the Friends menu. After you click on it all the people you have blocked will appear in a list with their usernames.
- In the list displayed find the username of the person that you’d like to unblock then right-click on his/her name to open a small window with several options and commands.
- From the small window select the Unblock option to unblock the person.
The username will then be removed from the Blocked list. So these simple steps will allow you to block and unblock someone from your Discord.
Also, read how to buy battlepass and skins in Valorant.