How to Play Roblox On Oculus Quest 2 Without PC: Roblox VR support for the Oculus Quest 2 is difficult to come by. The Quest 2 is a stand-alone device, unlike the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Valve Index. As a result, people are wondering if they can play Roblox VR on Oculus Quest 2 without a PC.
Roblox players have the option to use newly launched the Oculus Quest 2 to play the game in virtual reality. Those of you who want to play Roblox on Oculus Quest and learn how to play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2 without PC should read the post below.
Roblox is a gaming platform and marketplace where users can play online games. It is not a game; rather, it is a platform where users can play games made by others. In this way, it mimics the PC platform Steam more than any online children’s game.
Roblox’s games are entirely generated by its users, distinguishing it from everything else in the gaming industry, including a shop like Steam. You may have fun on Roblox by making games as well as playing them. These games are made by Roblox players, not Roblox Corporation. According to the platform’s official website, approximately 20 million games have been published.
Roblox VR Support
Yes, you can use the Oculus Quest 2 to play Roblox. However, it is not as simple as simply purchasing the game from the Oculus Quest shop. This is because Roblox is not intended to run on independent hardware. It is, however, compatible with VR headsets if you run it through your PC. As a result, the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift are supported.
The good news is that you can play Roblox on your Oculus Quest 2 using your PC. It only takes a few extra steps, and you’ll be good to go. You can do this by utilizing an Oculus Link connection or by connecting wirelessly to your PC and playing. We’ll go over everything next.
How to Play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2 Without PC
Because the Oculus Quest 2 is a standalone device with access to the Oculus Store, Roblox VR makes sense. The makers of Roblox, on the other hand, have yet to create native software for the Oculus Quest 2. For the time being, Quest 2’s only way to play Roblox VR is to link it to a PC.
How to Play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2
After enabling the PC and Quest 2 link, players may go to the Roblox app and choose any of the VR-compatible worlds to play with the VR experience in Oculus Quest 2. Here is how to play Roblox with your Oculus Quest or Quest 2.
- The Oculus setup page includes a link to DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE.
- After the Oculus software has completed downloading, install it
- Open the Oculus app on your PC and navigate to Devices.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Add Headset.
- After selecting Quest or Quest 2, click Continue.
- After connecting your Quest or Quest 2 to your computer through a connection cable, click Continue.
- Press the Enter key to continue.
- Shut the window.
- Put your headphones on.
- On your headset, look for a data access prompt and accept or deny the request
- You can refuse with confidence because it will not influence the procedure.
- On the headset, press the Enable button.
- On the Oculus app, navigate to Settings.
- Navigate to the General tab
- Unknown Sources should be turned on.
- Locate a Roblox game that supports VR and press the play button.
- Put on your VR headset and start playing Roblox.
What if Roblox VR doesn’t work in Oculus Quest 2
If you’ve successfully connected your Quest or Quest 2 to your PC and are playing Roblox in virtual desktop mode on the headset but don’t see an option to enable VR, there are a few possibilities.
- Virtual reality is not supported in the world: Not all Roblox games support virtual reality, and those that do may be incompatible with Quest and Quest 2. If you don’t see the VR option in the in-game options panel, try a different Roblox environment.
- You’re using an old or beta version of Roblox: Uninstall Roblox and then reinstall it from the Roblox website. Installing the software as an administrator may potentially be advantageous if you have the necessary skills.
- To finish your mission, you may need to use Steam VR: To finish your mission, try using Steam VR. Connect your Oculus Quest or Quest 2 to your PC using the instructions above, but before moving to step 15, launch SteamVR. Once Steam VR is installed, you can play any Roblox game and it will automatically launch in VR mode on your Quest.
Given Quest 2’s success, it’s possible that the developers will create a native app. Roblox, on the other hand, has such low hardware requirements that it should run on nearly any PC that meets the VR minimums.
Also, read How to Get Pets in Islands Roblox.