How to stretch resolution in CS:GO: Counter-Strike is a game we all are familiar with. The game is a benchmark for all multiplayer FPS games. Ever since the game came out in the 1.6 version people and gamers have been debating about the aspect ratios of the game. Many believe that the aspect ratio of 4:3 which is also known as the stretched or widescreen has some advantage over the conventional resolution. You must have noticed that many competitive gamers and streamers use this stretched resolution for their competitive game. Well, people still debate over this issue but we are not here to discuss it. In this article, we will discuss how to stretch resolution in CS: GO.
There is a right way as well as a wrong way to do it. The wrong way is where you directly change the resolution in the game without changing your desktop’s resolution. The right way is where you change the resolution of both the game and the desktop. In this article, we will talk about How to stretch resolution in CS:GO in the latter way.
What does screen resolution mean in CS: GO?
Your monitor’s resolution represents the number of height and range pixels visible on the screen. An advanced resolution means a clearer and sharper visual image overall. generally, advanced judgments are favoured in CSGO because of the optic clarity they offer.
What does stretch resolution do in CS: GO?
As we mentioned ahead, aspect ratios can be displayed stretched or with black bars. Each configuration has its advantages, but it’ll take some testing on your part to choose what’s suitable for your gameplay. For our companion, let’s go over how your game is affected by stretching the resolution. When you stretch your game’s resolution, the height to range rate is lowered along the x-axis. The deformation across the x-axis causes player models to appear “ wider ” and “ bigger, ” making it easier to aim at the adversaries.
Steps to set your screen resolution to stretch in CS: GO
The easiest way to set the game’s resolution is through in-game right? You might be wrong here as setting the aspect ratio to 4:3(stretched) will lower your pixels and deliver a low pixel output. But if you follow the given steps you can obtain a better video output of high quality even on a 4:3 aspect ratio. So here are the steps to know how to stretch resolution in CS: GO.
- Go to your desktop and right-click on a blank space
- From the list of options click on the Nvidia control panel
- Then, click on the Change Resolution option from the right-hand menu.
- Click on Customize at the bottom.
- Then, in the new pop-up window, click on ‘Create Custom Resolution’
- After clicking on the change resolution use the resolution equivalent to a 4:3 aspect ratio.
- After you created the custom resolution, go to ‘Adjust Desktop Size and Position’ from the settings
- From the given options go to scaling and then set Scaling to ‘Fullscreen’.
- Now continue using your normal resolution, the one that you didn’t create and used earlier
- Now, open CS: GO, then go to its settings among settings go to the video settings option, and from the list of options go-to aspect ratio and select aspect ratio of 4:3
- For resolution, select the newly created resolution that you made in Nvidia’s Control Panel and click on it.
Now, you should have a stretched resolution but also have advanced quality video resolution, than the typically available judgments in the 4:3 aspect ratio. Also read how to add friends, on Discord.